Last Updated: 30 May 2018
This site is a service of Bailey Communications HK Limited (“BAILEYCOM”).
BAILEYCOM pledges to meet and comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (“Ordinance”). In doing so, BAILEYCOM has committed itself to protect and keep in strict confidence any personal data collected.
Collection of Personal Data
BAILEYCOM collects “automatic information” and “personally identifiable information”.
“Automatic information” is information automatically collected by BAILEYCOM’s web server (which may be hosted by a third-party) that your web browser makes available whenever you visit the Site, such as the IP address of your computer, your operating system version and browser type, the duration of your visit to the Site, and other standard tracking data BAILEYCOM uses to evaluate site traffic and usage patterns.
The Site also uses “cookies”, that are bits of data sent by a website through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, which enable the Site to return the results the browser expects.
Cookies can make the Site more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular websites and thus enabling BAILEYCOM as a website owner to provide more useful features for its users. The information collected by cookies is anonymous aggregated research data, and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you through telephone, e-mail or any other means.
Most website browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser’s settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser may prevent some portions of the Site from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize the Site. BAILEYCOM may from time to time use advertising companies to develop banner ads for the Site. These ads may contain cookies that may be sent to your browser through the banner ads. BAILEYCOM does not have control over cookies placed by its advertisers, nor does BAILEYCOM has access to any information their cookies may collect.
“Personally identifiable information” is information that tells BAILEYCOM who you are, such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information. BAILEYCOM may collect this information when you:
- register to attend BAILEYCOM’s trade shows, conferences and events;
- subscribe to BAILEYCOM’s publications, including e-newsletters;
- use the Site;
- register with the Site;
- submits any work or statement through the Site;
- take part in any activities published by BAILEYCOM on the Site or other website linked to the Site;
- participate in online activities as published on the Site from time to time;
- communicate with BAILEYCOM by e-mail;
- post comments, ratings or messages to any of BAILEYCOM’s chat groups, bulletin boards or forums; and/or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries.
From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply BAILEYCOM with personal data in connection with any kinds of registration or the use or continuation of provision of any services and products.
BAILEYCOM may work with third parties that use applications or computer technologies to find out more about users of the Site.
Failure to supply such information may result in BAILEYCOM being unable to process any registrations or use or continue the provision of any services.
You always have the option not to provide the personal data BAILEYCOM requests. If you choose not to provide the personal data BAILEYCOM requests, you can still visit the Site, but you may be unable to access or use certain options and/or services.
Use and Disclosure of Personally identifiable information
If you elect to provide personal data to BAILEYCOM, BAILEYCOM may use it for the purpose for which it was provided (e.g., to establish your account, send you publications to which you have subscribed, attribute content you submit to the Site to you, etc.), and for the other purposes set forth herein. The purposes for which personal data may be used by BAILEYCOM in and outside Hong Kong include:
- communicate with you;
- process applications;
- provide enquirers with contact and business information;
- enable BAILEYCOM to ensure smooth operation of the services or products provided to you, and to improve, optimize and configure the services or products for you;
- BAILEYCOM’s operations, e.g., incorporation into BAILEYCOM’s database, analysis, research and auditing;
- notification of BAILEYCOM’s trade fairs in Hong Kong;
- marketing BAILEYCOM’s services or products (and those of BAILEYCOM’s business partners and counterparts);
- research and/or design and/or implement services or products for your use;
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts;
- complying with obligations, requirements, arrangements or procedures that apply to BAILEYCOM or that it is expected to comply according to:
- any law binding or applying to it within the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) existing currently and in the future;
- any guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies within Hong Kong existing currently and in the future; and any contractual obligations or other commitment applying to it under any contractual arrangement BAILEYCOM has with its agent, representative, contractor, business partner or other third party which BAILEYCOM has entered into a contractual relationship with other related purposes.
BAILEYCOM does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
If you wish to (i) not to have your personally identifiable information shared with third parties, (ii) not to receive Commercial Communications from third parties, and/or (iii) not to receive Commercial Communications from BAILEYCOM except for Commercial Communications related to the product or service for which you provided your personally identifiable information, as described below under “Opt-Out Option.”
In addition, as BAILEYCOM’s business changes, BAILEYCOM may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by BAILEYCOM, or any subsidiary or affiliated entity, are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, personally identifiable information may be among the transferred assets.
If you submit financial information to BAILEYCOM, BAILEYCOM may use that information to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations, etc. BAILEYCOM may share your financial information with third parties that process financial transactions on BAILEYCOM behalf.
Use and Disclosure of Automatic Information
BAILEYCOM will use automatic information to personalize the Site based on the preferences you submit to BAILEYCOM at the time you register. BAILEYCOM also uses the aggregated information to evaluate products and services BAILEYCOM may offer to you.
BAILEYCOM may use temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to the Site are smooth and customized for the visitor – for example, to control the display of ads, to track usage patterns on the Site, to deliver editorial content, and to record registration and personalization information. Cookies allow BAILEYCOM to provide a visitor’s browser with information tailored to the visitor’s preferences and needs. BAILEYCOM also may use permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor’s computer after the visitor leaves the Site.
In addition, BAILEYCOM reserves the right to use the information BAILEYCOM collects about your computer, which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including to help diagnose problems with BAILEYCOM’s servers, to gather broad demographic information, and to otherwise administer the Site.
BAILEYCOM reserves the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about BAILEYCOM’s users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
Third Party and Affiliated Links
The Site may from time to time contain links to other websites, including suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. BAILEYCOM have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other websites. BAILEYCOM does not endorse any of these websites or the products or services associated with such websites merely because they are linked to the Site.
Information Posted on Bulletin Boards and Other Forums
You should be aware that personal data you disclose on bulletin boards and other forums may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited messages from others.
Transfer of Personal Data Collected
Personal data held by BAILEYCOM relating to you will be kept confidential but BAILEYCOM may provide and disclose (as defined in the Ordinance) such information to the following parties for the purposes mentioned above:
- any agent, contractor, business partner or other third party which BAILEYCOM works together with in its provision of such service, product or facility, wherever situated;
- any party that you has initiated a business transaction with or will make a payment to or through;
- any party to whom BAILEYCOM is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding or applying to it within or outside Hong Kong, or any disclosure under and for the purposes of any guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies with which BAILEYCOM is expected to comply, or any disclosure pursuant to any contractual or other commitment of BAILEYCOM, all of which are within Hong Kong and may be existing currently and in the future;
- such party as authorized to receive a response from BAILEYCOM in accordance with Part V of the Ordinance.
Storage of Personal Data and Security
All personal data collected from you will be stored in secure servers of BAILEYCOM in order to prevent any unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure.
BAILEYCOM maintains this commitment to personal data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure personal data.
Unfortunately, personal data transmitted on the Internet and/or stored on systems attached to the Internet is not 100% secure. As a result, BAILEYCOM cannot ensure, warrant or guarantee the security or integrity of such personal data.
BAILEYCOM will take all practical steps to ensure that your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and BAILEYCOM will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements of Hong Kong concerning the retention of personal data.
While BAILEYCOM does everything it can to protect personal data from unauthorized use, processing and disclosure, you should take precaution not to share, provide or facilitate unauthorized use of an unique username and/or password assigned by BAILEYCOM or allow access or use of it by others. If, in the unlikely event, unauthorized transactions have been discovered through no fraud, fault or negligence on the part of you, you should inform BAILEYCOM immediately.
If you do not want BAILEYCOM to share your personally identifiable information with third parties, or if you do not wish to receive Commercial Communications from BAILEYCOM and/or third parties, you may (i) state your preferences at the time you submit your personal information to BAILEYCOM, or (ii) change your preferences at any time by:
- following the unsubscribe instructions contained within the e-mail you receive from BAILEYCOM.
BAILEYCOM will update your preferences within 14 days.
BAILEYCOM will use reasonable efforts to forward your opt-out request (including your e-mail address) to the specific third party marketer whose offer you received from BAILEYCOM prompting your opt-out or unsubscribe request, so that it can include your e-mail address on its own do-not-email list. However, even if you opt-out as described above, BAILEYCOM will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of third parties with which BAILEYCOM has already shared your personal information (i.e., to which BAILEYCOM has provided your personal information prior to BAILEYCOM’s receipt of your opt-out request).
BAILEYCOM does not bear any responsibility for ensuring that any third party complies with your opt-out or unsubscribe request vis-à-vis its own lists.
Correction of personal data
Many of the functions (but not all) of the Site allow you to correct, update and modify your personal data.
If you would like to obtain instructions on how you may correct, update and modify your personal data, please contact BAILEYCOM at email@example.com and provide BAILEYCOM with the specific Site through which you provided personal data.
You may not change your username ID selected at registration for a trade show, event or conference.
Phone : +852 3703 3881
Fax : +852 3909 2072
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Unit 2001-03, Hang Seng North Point Building, 335-341 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Contact person: c/o Privacy Officer
The name of the personal data register is the Bailey Communications HK Limited.